PURPOSE OF POSITION: Assisting Western Sizzlin Steak House coworkers under the
guidelines set forth by the ow~ers and management in regard to corporate manuals and policy
booklets. To provide a positive atmosphere with mutual cooperation between management,
co-workers, and guests. To consistently provide flavorful, fresh and properly prepared food to our
Guests in a helpful and courteous manner–an attitude of Hospitality.
LIST OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INVOLVED:
- Assist management in supervision of coworkers in their various duties in a cooperative and courteous manner.
- Full knowledge of menu and job description.
- Supervise and assist co-workers in daily side work cleaning rosters.
- Supervise and assist in the stocking and maintaining of supplies.
- Assist management with on going training of personnel.
- Maintaining the accurate collection and accounting of all revenues.
- Full knowledge of opening and closing procedures.
- Full knowledge of food bar preparation.
- Controlling the food and labor cost for the best quality and labor.
- Full knowledge of sanitation and DEHEC regulations.
- Conduct business with a professional, tactful, diplomatic, courteous and mature attitude, while maintaining an attitude of cooperation with customers, co-workers, management, and owners.
- Maintain a high level of honesty, sincerity, loyalty, keeping company financial and personnel information in strictest confidence.
- Maintain company policies.
I understand the job description responsibilities of the position described above and agree to fulfill the responsibilities described. I understand that there may be occasions when I am asked to fulfill other responsibilities to maintain the high quality of service and hospitality required.
2688 David McLeod Blvd, Florence, SC 29501
Must be able to work various shifts per week and be available weekdays and weekends
Must be 18 years of age
Minimum high school education or GED
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Must have valid driver’s license and insured transportation
Background check required
Serving Florence for over 30 years, we offer our Guests not only fantastic steaks but a full buffet, salad bar, dessert and bakery bar. But the real MAGIC begins with our fresh steaks, cut daily by our in-house meat cutters. Placed on our FLAMEKJST @ Connerton grill and sprinkled with our secret “GOLD DUST”, our cooks bring total satisfaction to our guests. As a Shift Leader you will not only assist in culinary functions and operational matters but you will build sales and profits. As you work alongside our Team to create recipes in the kitchen, you will also assist Guests in the dining room. Come join our Western Sizzlin team where we put the SIZZLIN into our famous FLAMEKIST@
The following skills and knowledge are necessary but not limited to:
- Strong skills in time management and organization, with excellent atte~tion to detail
- Full knowledge of proper sanitation, foo’;l safety ~d security procedures
- Strong math, computer and credit card terminal skills
- Full knowledge of menu specs, cook times, plate presentation, etc.
- Assist with profit & loss management through cash control/security procedure,
maintaining inventory, managing labor and reviewing financial reports
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills in order to assist fellow Team Members and Management
- Ability to read and take direction and execute Team and company objectives with an
attitude of courtesy and cooperation
- Analytical skills and a degree of emotional intelligence in order to recognize and solve
problems that come with the position
- Ability to maintain a high degree of pace and intensity for an extended period of time
- Must be reliable and dependable by being punctual, adhering to a schedule
- Maintain positive working relationships with all Team Members and Managers
Thank you for your interest in Western Sizzlin and the opportunities available. We have a great
Team and are always looking for great people to join us in making it “THE BEST IT CAN BE”.
We appreciate your taking the time to complete our application. If there are currently no
immediate hiring needs, we will keep your information on file for future opportunities and
contact qualified applicants at that time. Thanks again!